Covering investment and operational due diligence, risk and compliance
Instructor - Vincent Molino
- Function & Preparation
- Manager Documentation
- About the Firm
- Fund Documentation & Terms
- Fund Fees, Expenses
- Carried Interest & Waterfalls
- Investment Process
- Compliance & Regulation
- Audit & Reporting
- Back Office & Fund Accounting
- Administration & Cash Controls
- Third-Party Service Providers
- IT, Cyber Security, Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity
- ODD Report Scope - What should an ODD Report Include
Instructor - Kelly DePonte
- Welcome, Introductions, and Class Overview
- Private Funds in Context
- Track Record Analysis and Benchmarking
- Access and Targeting
- Fund Launch: Official Start of the Process
- Workshop: Analyzing a Pitchbook
- First Physical Meeting
- Onsite Due Diligence and ODD
- Emerging Managers
- Legal Reviews and Background Checks
- Emerging Markets
- The Final Decision
- The Current Market and Final Questions
Instructor - John Ward
- Welcome and Class overview
- Documents to Review (Overview)
- Fund Structuring – The PPM Case Studies
- The DDQ
- Regulatory and Compliance AFS
- Review 40act & UCITS
- IAPD Review
- Audited Financial Statements
- Audited Financials Case Studies
- ITR Reviews & Red Flags
- Investor Relations: Your First Point of Contact
- The COO: A window Into Culture & Controls
- The CFO & Controller: Counterparties & Collateral
- The CFO & Controller: Cash Controls & Valuations
- The CCO: Evaluating the Culture of Compliance
- The CTO: Evaluating IT/BCP & Cybersecurity
- ODD Risk Assessment
- Ongoing ODD Monitoring Challenges
Instructor - David Regan
- Map the Hedge Fund Investment Due Diligence (IDD) process.
- Maximize efficiency when conducting IDD.
- Develop a risk framework for IDD.
- Synthesize primary and secondary documents and materials.
- Plan, prepare for and conduct the due diligence meeting(s).
- Integrate ODD into the IDD process.
- Complete the IDD assessment.
Questions? please contact Dan Strachman at Daniel@IMDDA.org