Preparing for a Private Equity Fund Operational Due Diligence Review – Masters Level – New York (December 5-6, 2018)
December 5-6, 2018 – NYC
This is the first class in our Master Series Private Equity operational due diligence course offerings. This interactive workshop will help you prepare for the operational due diligence onsite review. Through case studies and group collaboration, you will identify and review relevant materials needed to prepare for operational due diligence. On day 2, you will use your case study findings to strategically evaluate the key operational processes of the investment fund.
This class is a component of the Private Equity Fund Operational Due Diligence Master’s Level Certificate Course
Each day will begin at 8:30 am with registration and coffee, tea and a light breakfast will be supplied. This is a great time to meet the instructor and your fellow attendees. The program will start promptly at 9 am, though we may conclude earlier, please plan to stay until 5 pm each day. Lunch will be provided and dress is smart casual.
Remember this is an intimate class to ensure you get direct attention and the best result, so bring your questions and be ready to share your experiences.
- Participants should have an understanding of Private Equity Due Diligence at the fundamentals level before taking this Master level course, including:
- A deep and thorough background in the financial markets and securities
- A complete understanding of financial products including; hedge funds, private equity and separate account platforms
- Strong knowledge and experience working with financial statements
- Knowledge and understanding of investment strategies
Click here to download the brochure.
Day 1: Obtain and synthesize relevant materials and prepare for onsite review
Module 1: Welcome / Introductions
Module 2: PE ODD Process Review
Module 3: Case Study – Preparing for Due Diligence Onsite Review
Module 4: Identify relevant materials
Module 5: Synthesize materials and create onsite agenda
Module 6: Review Due Diligence Preparation
Module 7: Executing the agenda
Day 2: Evaluate key operational processes
Module 1: Introduction to Evaluating Key Processes
Module 2: Cash management flows and controls
Module 3: Valuation
Module 4: Deal flow/trade flow process, Expense allocation, and Fund accounting
Module 5: Reporting capabilities, Investment allocation, and Performance measurement
Module 6: Treasury management, Collateral pool management, and Leverage
- Identify relevant materials needed to prepare for Operational Due Diligence.
- Review and prepare materials for Operational Due Diligence.
- Synthesize obtained materials and create agenda for Due Diligence Review.
- Identify exceptions or areas to review to be included for review.
- Identify deficiencies and develop mitigation plan.
- Develop monitoring plan including scope, frequency, and technique.
- Investment professionals from asset managers, such as pension funds, endowments, family offices, insurance companies, sovereign wealth funds, investment and development banks
- Private Equity fund professionals interested in gaining a thorough understanding of the institutional investor’s perspective
- Policy makers and government officials who are responsible for regulating the financial sector
- Advisors working with private equity fund clients, including accountants, lawyers, bankers, consultants and financial advisors