- This event has passed.
An Introduction to Alternative Investments & Operational Due Diligence
August 29, 2019 - August 30, 2019$95 – $295
Through the use of a variety of instruction methods, class attendees can expect an engaging and interactive class experience. Attendees will benefit from large and small group discussions, practitioners sharing their expertise and answering their questions, working through case studies, and completing work simulations.
What will you learn?
- Overview of non-investment aspects of the Alternative Investment industry
- Fund structures, jurisdictions, regulation and fund documentation (hedge funds, private equity /real estate)
- The structure and workings of an investment manager / general partner
- Operational Due Diligence and what investors are looking for
- Operational risk in alternative investments
- Outsourcing and third party service providers (PB, Compliance, IT, NEDs, valuation agents)
- Operational infrastructure of a fund and an investment manager
- Valuations, compliance, accounting, audit, IT, cyber and BCP considerations